NEMPAC Continues Hybrid Model for Lessons & Classes
North End Music & Performing Arts Center most recently updated & revised its COVID19 guidelines on April 1, 2021. Music lessons and classes continue both online and in-person (with restrictions). NEMPAC’s guidelines are based on government guidelines, studies on aerosols and how the COVID19 virus transmits, and expert advice from medical professionals. NEMPAC will focus on using outdoor space for programs, as well as maximize the filtering of air at our indoor sites.
Spring Registration for Classes and Special Programs opens Monday, February 22nd, 2021.
Summer Program Registration Opens Monday, March 1st, 2021.
NEMPAC COVID19 Policies (revised April 1, 2021) include:
- AIR VENTILATION: We are planning activities and programs outdoors whenever feasible, will keep classroom windows open (weather permitting), and will support airflow with HEPA filters in each studio.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Maintaining physical separation between all participants of at least 6 feet, covering aerated instruments or indoor singing with masks, and prioritizing air ventilation.
- WEARING A FACE-COVERING: In all instructional, administrative, and programming spaces, indoors or outdoors. This is required for any student over the age of 2, effective November 23, 2020.
- HAND SANITIZING: Required before entering the building for activity.
- WAITING AREA SPACE: We are reopening our waiting areas for parents or siblings to use during or between programs. Social distancing must be maintained and access will be determined by staff or faculty on-site at that time to support this and ensure guidelines are followed. 9 Hull Street waiting area space is closed in the main room, but side room permittable as a waiting area if not being used by program.
- ATTENDANCE / SIGN-INS: When entering any NEMPAC facility, all visitors, students, staff, and faculty must sign-in and leave name, phone number, and date.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL families must Register & Create a New Account. We have moved to a new system and we require a one-time registration that will streamline information about lessons, payments, invoices, and more. We also ask registrants paying tuition to please use payment ACH / E-Check instead of Credit Card whenever possible. Thank you.
We are excited to meet again with our students in person and look forward to doing so safely.