Nuestras Raíces: A LatinX Virtual Concert
Nuestras Raíces: A LatinX Heritage Month Fundraising Virtual Concert for NEMPAC
On October 4th at 6 p.m., the North End Music & Performing Arts Center invites you and your family to join us for a virtual concert that features LatinX members of the NEMPAC Faculty performing music from Latin America and celebrating these heritages in song.
The concert will benefit the NEMPAC Annual Fund, which supports programs in our Community Music School and Professional Performing Arts Center that enrich the lives of our community. These programs include school partnerships, youth performance programs, after-school music, dance, and theatre classes, and performances like the NEMPAC Opera Project, Winter Concert Series, and annual Holiday Concert.
Performing in this concert are NEMPAC Faculty Artists Jhon Alvarado, classical guitar; Josaphat Contreras, tenor; Alexandra Dietrich, mezzo-soprano; and Jose Soto, piano with special guest vocalist, Maria Amalia Quesada Chavarria.
The streaming link for viewing this concert will be made available with the purchase of a ticket. Audience members can also choose to dedicate a personalized message in honor of someone from our performers along with a song for a package combination with their ticketed link:
- Ticket and Dedication of Song with Pianist & Vocalist
- Ticket and Dedication of Song with Guitarist
- Ticket and Dedication of Song with Vocalist
Give the gift of music by dedicating a song in honor of someone special! The dedication deadline for submission is September 24th. You will be asked to provide the name of the song and your personalized message when you select the dedication option with your ticket. Please see below the song selection you can choose from:
- “Un día en la vida” (lyrics by Humberto Vargas / Music Walter Flores) | performed by Jose Soto, Pianist, and guest Vocalist Maria Amalia Quesada Chavarria
- “Deja correr el tiempo” (lyrics by Julian Marchena / Music Jose Soto) | performed by Jose Soto, Pianist, and guest Vocalist Maria Amalia Quesada Chavarria
- “Callaloo” (by Walter Ferguson) | performed by Jose Soto, Pianist, and guest Vocalist Maria Amalia Quesada Chavarria
- “Suite Popular Brasileña” (by Brazilian composer Heitor Villa-Lobos) | performed by Jhon Alvarado, Classical Guitarist
- “Estrellita” (by Mexican composers Manuel Ponce and Daniel Daniel Catán) | performed by Josaphat Contreras, Tenor
- “Comprendo” (by Mexican composers Manuel Ponce and Daniel Daniel Catán) | performed by Josaphat Contreras, Tenor
- “Dalla sua pace” (aria from Mozart’s “Don GIovanni”, translated into Spanish) | performed by Josaphat Contreras, Tenor
- “Granada” (by Mexican composer Agustín Lara) | Alexandra Dietrich, Mezzo-Soprano
- “Amor bendito” (by Puerto Rican composer Juan Ríos Ovalle) | Alexandra Dietrich, Mezzo-Soprano
- “Del cabello más sutil” (by Spanish composer Fernando Obradors) | Alexandra Dietrich, Mezzo-Soprano
Enjoy this celebration from the comfort and safety of your own home and enjoy celebrating LatinX Heritage month with us!
Are you interested in supporting our fundraiser as a Concert Sponsor? Sponsorships start at $500 and include several benefits. Read more about sponsorship options HERE and please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.