Double Your #GivingTuesday Impact to Strengthen Communities Through the Arts. Here’s How:
Thanksgiving is a time for both tradition and reflection. As COVID-19 disrupts so many beloved traditions this holiday season, our board of directors, faculty, and staff didn’t want this moment to go by without sharing some of our reflections from 2020.
There are countless components to this pandemic, including the physical pain, the emotional suffering, and the social disconnection. As a community music school and performing arts center, we’re unable to physically administer to this disease and are profoundly grateful to those of you who put your lives on the line to do so. We are indebted to your courage, fortitude, and selflessness.
We believe that we have a part to play in contributing to healing in our communities. To that end, we have aimed to administer to the emotional and social tolls of the pandemic.
The global public health crisis continues to magnify the role of the arts in our world, as well as NEMPAC’s role in the communities it serves. We view our purpose, especially amid the pandemic, as strengthening communities through the transformative power of the arts.
We believe that the arts are an expression of our shared humanity. An antidote to stress. A source of comfort and hope. An innate connection builder.
Simply put, the arts unite us while we’re physically apart.
As we approach #GivingTuesday, we ask you to consider making a tax-deductible donation of any amount to our annual fund to help us continue to unite communities through the arts. Your gift will sustain the programming and arts traditions that so many in the North End, Charlestown, and surrounding Boston neighborhoods hold dear.
In recognition that 2020 is such a profoundly difficult year—personally, professionally, and financially—for our community members, our board of directors made the decision to match all annual fund donations up to $15,000 through Tuesday, December 1. That means when you contribute to our campaign on or before #GivingTuesday, your gift will go twice as far!
Your tax-deductible donation will empower us to empower artists of all ages and abilities by helping us:
- Provide need-based scholarships to youth in our community music school who are disproportionately affected by the pandemic.
- Nurture rising artists in your neighborhood through in-person and virtual education courses, private and group music instruction, and programming at area schools.
- Transform urban settings into nontraditional concert venues to creatively bring live music to your community from a safe distance.
- Fund jobs for performing artists in the greater-Boston area as they navigate COVID-related venue closures.
- Create opportunities for the next generation of artists to share virtual stages with professional musicians.
- Invest in technology to sustain virtual programming in our community music school.
Are you ready to join us in supporting the future of the arts? It only takes a few quick steps to enrich your neighborhood with high-quality arts programming and performances.
You will receive written acknowledgement of your tax-deductible donation. Here’s how to make your gift:
- Visit NEMPAC’s annual campaign.
- Click the red button that reads, “Make a Tax-Deductible Donation.”
- Select your donation amount and frequency. Apply your donation to the 2020 annual fund.
- Click the blue “Donate” button and enter your payment information.
Are you also ready to double your #GivingTuesday impact? Our board of directors will match your gift up to $15,000 if you donate on or before Tuesday, December 1.
Thank you so much for your belief in NEMPAC and the transformative power of the arts. Your support—financial and otherwise—sustains our nonprofit’s day-to-day operations and programming. We wouldn’t be where we are today without you.