Private Group Instruction
The NEMPAC Private Group Instruction is a great way for young beginners to try a new instrument as well as learn the basics! These lessons are designed to prepare kids to begin our Private Music Instruction Program. Lessons are offered to various age groups, and are 45 minutes in duration.
Let’s Get Started!
Spring Registration Opens March 1st, 2016!
2015-2016 Fall Private Group Lessons:
In addition to Private Music Instruction (PMI), we will offer scheduled group private lessons this fall. The running of these programs in contingent upon meeting our minimum enrollment for each offering. The lessons are a minimum of 3 students and a maximum of 5 students, therefore providing individualized attention and instruction in a group, sociable setting.
Private Group Lesson Schedule:
Winter 2016 is a 10-week session: January 4th- March 14th, 2015
- Group Keyboard: Beginner keyboard and music theory skills.
- Ages 5-6: Friday, 3:15 pm
Cost: $250 for a 10-week session. Classes are 45 minutes long. Maximum enrollment is 4 students. Please note, some practicing at home will be required.
2. Fam Jam Guitar- NEW-: Come take a group guitar class with your child! New this winter, we will be offering a parent-child guitar class! Bring your child and join us for a group guitar class, just for parents and kids! Maximum enrollment is only 6 students!
- Ages 5-7: Sunday, 2:00-2:45 pm.
- Cost: $250 for a 10-week session. Classes are 45 minutes long.3)
- 3- Kids Rock Band- get your rock on with our NEMPAC Rock Band!
- Ages: 7 to 13 years
Schedule: Thursdays – 5:45 p.m.
Instructor: Shawn Meehan
Cost: $250 / 10 week
- 4- Group Guitar: FULL- email us for more guitar lesson opportunities!
- Beginner guitar method
- Ages 4-6: Tuesday, 3:15-4:00 pm
- Ages 7-9: Tuesday, 4:15- 5:00 pm
- Cost: $250 for a 10-week session. Classes are 45 minutes long.Maximum enrollment is 4 students. Please note, some practicing at home will be required.
- **The running of any group offering is contingent upon meeting our minimum enrollment for each offering.
Contact & Additional Information:
Revised Cancellation / Refund Policy:
Effective March 1, 2016
Cancellation / Refund Policy: Students will receive a 50% refund on any class or lesson withdrawal after the registration / payment deadline.
If payment has not been received by two weeks after the registration deadline, you will be asked to discontinue lessons. Please communicate with NEMPAC if you need a payment plan.
New Discount Policies:
Effective March 1, 2016
- Sibling Discount: Families in any youth class including Family Music Makers, Drum & Sing, Meet the Instruments, and Intro to Voice & Theory will receive 50% off each additional sibling. Discount can be applied to one class only per session and is applicable across classes. (Group Music Instruction and Private Music Instruction do not apply).
- PMI Student Discount in Course: Students enrolled in Private Music Instruction or Group Music Instruction are eligible to receive 25% off enrollment in any NEMPAC children or teens course.
NEMPAC Contact & Office Hours: Rebecca Rapoport-Cole is NEMPAC’s Private Group Instruction Coordinator (PMI) and is available for in-person meetings from 1o:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesdays. Stop by or email Rebecca to set up an appointment.
Schedule: Private Group Lessons range from 8 – 12 weeks depending on the quarter (Summer, Fall, Winter, or Spring). We follow the BPS school calendar. (Special scheduling is built in for our St. John School students.) A full 2014-2015 academic calendar is available on our website.
Lesson Locations: Private Group Lessons are held at the NEMPAC Studio building on The Prado and at the after-school programs at the St. John Catholic School.
Instructors: Each of our instructors has an introductory bio on our website, providing a glimpse of their expertise, helping you to choose who will be the best fit. https://www.nempacboston.org/1275-2
Registration:Registration is required prior to payment processing. Forms are available through our website and a downloadable document.
Policies: Please read our policies carefully before registering.
Private Group Instruction (PGI) Cost & Discounts:
$250 per 10 week session
Sibling Discounts: NEMPAC offers a sibling discount of 10% to families with 2 or more children or teens enrolled in our programs. Students must be under the age of 18. This discount applies to both the PMI program and the class program. The discount will be applied to the lesser cost program.
Scholarship: NEMPAC awards over $5,000 in children’s music scholarships each year through our Scholarship Fund for Families in Financial Need. Interested applicants must submit financial documentation and an annual application to be considered for this assistance.
Payments: Invoices are sent electronically through our E-Invoice system. Payment may be made through our website with credit card or paid by cash or check. We do have payment plan options available – contact us for more information.
Late Fee: If you do not make a payment by the deadline, it will result in a $15 late fee per month.
Pick ups/drop off: Starting in 2016, NEMPAC will offer pick ups (contingent on individual instructor approval) from the Eliot Lower School (Charter Street) and when possible, the Nazzaro Center. If you would like pick up for the session, there will be a $50 fee for the additional service.